The Small Company Innovation Program (SCIP) provides Michigan small businesses the opportunity to overcome a common challenge faced by entrepreneurs – getting research needs met so they can get to commercialization faster. SCIP provides matching funds to help cover the cost of research completed at universities that directly helps a small company meet its product or service development goals. SCIP is just one of a suite of programs that make up the Michigan Corporate Relations Network (MCRN). Click here for more information on SCIP.
Register to Complete Application:
2) Complete signup process. You will recieve an email to confirm your registration.
3) Complete application forms and upload your full proposal on the site. Please make your application submission title the name of your company.
Current funding round- Round 4: Please ensure that you submit all your application material by 11:59 p.m. on Sept. 27, 2013
Future application deadlines: SCIP will fund university-based commercialization research projects under four rounds - 2 rounds in 2012 and 2 rounds in 2013, as follows:
Round 1: May 1, 2012
Round 2: November 1, 2012
Round 3: May 1, 2013
Round 4: September 27, 2013
- For answers to frequently asked questions, visit the FAQ page.
- Project related questions should be directed to the appropriate university business engagement office.
- Application procedure questions should be directed to:
Kristin Jobin, Communications and Project Coordinator
Kuntzsch Business Services
517-925-8649 ext. 12